Greetings and Blessings to you. This communication is to inform you of the upcoming FEED THE NEED EVENT, which is scheduled for June 25th, 2016 at the Boys and Girls Club (412C Alston Circle | Covington, TN 38019) at 9:00 am.
We’re attacking hunger in ways that help kids and communities immediately and long-term. We attempt to do this by giving away groceries at the event as well as cook on the site for all to eat totally free. Hunger is a huge problem, and to defeat it, it takes all sorts of people and all sorts of gifts. We’re looking for volunteers who share our vision — to create a world where no child goes to bed hungry. When we all bring our resources, we all feed kids together.
We’re also focusing on a lot of activities to show the fun side of this community event. From bounces to basketball games and more, we’ve got it covered! These activities for the kids should bring the entire community together for fun and solve problems at the same time. Everyone is sure to leave in a memorable way!
This is a list of the confirmed governmental agencies, businesses and volunteers that will be partnering with us.
- Frank Miller Pharmacy
- Covington Police Department
- TCSO (Sheriff Department)
- Test Crash Dummies (DUI) Awareness
- Tipton County Health Department
- Salem’s Men Ministry Mentoring Department
- Keys to Life, CDC.
Below is a list of donors for this Event:
- Dr. Jayson Cannon, Cannon Chiropractor
- Mayor Justin Hanson, Covington, Tn.
- Vice Mayor Mac McGowan, Covington, TN.
- Mrs. Tina Dunn, City Treasurer
- Mrs. Lisa Thomas- Pilgrim
I’m asking the brothers of Kappa Alpha Psi to consider leaving their mark upon this event.